I LIKE TO RUN. No, I love to run. In fact, I kind of love running so much that I call it fun to wake up at 6am on Saturday mornings to get in 15+ miles. Crazy, right? But, what I have really been wanting to do for years now is to run the ING New York City Marathon. If you don't know, this race is hard, very hard, to get into - over 50,000 applicants are rejected during the annual lottery (don't quote me on the exact number, I just know it's A LOT).
So, after another year of not getting selected through the lottery, I decided I was going to run anyway - this was going to be my year! How, you might ask? By running for a charity. That's right. Not only do I finally get to run my dream marathon, but I get to help others by running it. Awesome, right?
I have joined up with Team Continuum to raise money for cancer patients. Team Continuum is dedicated to taking immediate care of anyone involved in fighting cancer. It provides vital, non-medical assistance to patients and their families and offers support so cancer patients can have the strength to focus on their treatment.
Without donations, Team Continuum is unable to support those who desperately need the assistance. I have pledged to raise $2,950 and, thanks to so many great supporters, I am almost half way there! Donations of any size can make all the difference.
Your generosity will truly make a difference in the quality of life of cancer patients and their families!!
Click here to see how you can help: http://www.teamcontinuum.net/athlete_page.asp?eid=226&uid=88841

No comments:
Post a Comment